Have you ever dreamt of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro or any other mountain near your home town? Trekking or mountain climbing is one of those things that everybody has on their bucket list and whether you are a first time hiker or a seasoned one, one thing you will need is the best hiking backpack under 100 dollars.
Hiking normally takes more than one day and this means that you have to be fully prepared with change of clothes, food, water, tent and probably the best affordable sleeping bag.
The best hiking backpack for the money should be able to fit all the things you need to go hiking and still not be too heavy to carry as you have to carry it all the time.
What is the Best Hiking Backpack To Buy Now?
- 1 What is the Best Hiking Backpack To Buy Now?
- 2 1. TETON Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack.
- 3 2. TETON Sports Oasis 1100 2 Liter Hydration Backpack
- 4 3. Mountaintop 40 Liter Hiking Backpack for Outdoor Camping.
- 5 4. Outlander 20L/33L- Most Durable Packable Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack.
- 6 5. Venture Pal Lightweight Packable Durable Travel Hiking Backpack.
- 7 6. OutdoorMaster Hiking Backpack 50L.
- 8 7. Gootium 21101 Specially High Density Thick Canvas Backpack
- 9 Buying Guide for the Best Hiking Backpack Under 100 Dollars.
1. TETON Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack.
This bag is perfect for adults or teenagers hiking for 2 to 4 days and it weighs 4.5 pounds only.
- The bag features open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels that not only enhance comfort but also allow airflow inside the bag.
- This is a very comfortable bag that has multi-position torso adjustment, padded waist and shoulder straps and bendable aluminum stays.
- TETON Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack comes with a hidden rainfly that you can pull out to protect the bag when it’s raining.
- The internal framed backpack has gear loops to hand a shovel, ski poles or anything else you may need.
- One of the bottle holders is very small.
2. TETON Sports Oasis 1100 2 Liter Hydration Backpack
The bag weighs only 2 pounds unfilled and it can carry 18 liters of water and a few other items for overnight stay.
- TETON Sports Oasis 1100 2 Liter hydration bag features a modern cut with multiple adjustments and ventilated shoulder straps so you can be very comfortable.
- Though this bag is very light on your back, it has plenty of room for everything you need for overnight stay thanks to the two mesh pouches and three zipper pockets.
- This small bag includes a food grade bladder with sealed edges, wide opening for easy filling and cleaning and kink free sip tube and twist lock to prevent any leaks.
- The bag has a bungee cord system for bike helmets and such gear and also a weather guard to protect your gear from rain.
- The bladder makes water taste awful the first few days of use.
3. Mountaintop 40 Liter Hiking Backpack for Outdoor Camping.
If you want a big and affordable hiking backpack, this Mountaintop 40 Liter Hiking Backpack is perfect.
- This backpack features 6 adjustable straps with D-shape hooks so you can use to link any item such as umbrella or hammock.
- The bag is extremely comfortable to carry because it’s not heavy and the straps are well padded.
- It’s a durable backpack with thick material and high quality zippers and ll the pockets are easily accessible.
- Mountaintop 40 Liter Hiking Backpack is the perfect size if you are travelling by air and it has a well hidden rain fly to protect your gear when it rains.
- There is no exit hole for the water hose.
4. Outlander 20L/33L- Most Durable Packable Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack.
Outlander 20L/33L backpack is a compact multi-compartments bag with several pockets for storage.
- Outlander 20L/33L bag is extremely lightweight at only 0.5 pounds and the strong straps are comfortable.
- Though the bag is compact, there is plenty of room for storage with one large compartment, two front zipper pockets, one internal security pocket and two side pockets for water bottles or umbrella.
- The bag is made from rip and water resistant nylon fabric and reinforced with bar tracking so it’s durable.
- The durable 2-way abrasion resistant SBS metal zippers don’t give out quickly and they are easy to close and open.
- There is no padding at all so you should not put anything sharp like books in the bag.
5. Venture Pal Lightweight Packable Durable Travel Hiking Backpack.
The only difference is that Venture Pal Lightweight Packable is made of a more durable material with double layer bottom piece and it is large enough for a week-long trip.
- Venture Pal Lightweight Packable is very light at only 0.7 pounds but it has enough room for 35 liters and more.
- This bag is made with a high quality tear and water resistant material and reinforced with a double layer bottom piece so you can carry more things without tearing the bag.
- it is very comfortable thanks to the breathable mesh shoulder straps with sponge padding and a chest strap
- There are so many compartments so you can carry many things and keep them organized. The main compartment is separated and there are two side pockets and two front pockets all featuring two way zippers.
- The zippers do get stuck sometimes.
6. OutdoorMaster Hiking Backpack 50L.
This outdoor master hiking backpack is one of the best affordable hiking backpacks in the market as it is very spacious and has many pockets that allow you to keep your essentials while going for camping or hiking.
It has a capacity of 50 liters and it is big thus giving you plenty of room to accommodate all your needs for hiking.
- This amazing bag has a waterproof rain cover that ensures that the items in your bag are perfectly covered just in case it rains.
- It is made from very lightweight and durable material thus you are guaranteed that you will enjoy carrying the bag for more camping and hiking adventures.
- The Outdoor Master Hiking Backpack is very comfortable to carry as they have well-padded adjustable shoulder straps and an awesome foam padded hip belt to offer support and balance.
- It comes with a well-padded laptop compartment and has a lot of pockets that can hold your tent, sleeping bag and a bottle of water.
- Beware as there are complaints that they are not perfect for tall people.
If you are looking for a classy, stylish and a unisex backpack for camping or hiking then you need to get the Gootium 21101 Canvas Backpack.
This bag is made from 100 percent pure cotton thick canvas which makes it very durable and strong.
- These awesome backpacks are spacious thus can accommodate a 17 inch laptop or a tablet in the front pocket.
- They come with well-padded adjustable shoulder straps allowing you to comfortably carry the backpack for long.
- These high density canvas backpacks have a very classic shape and they are enhanced with metal fastenings for durability.
- They are very easy to clean and they have a capacity of 33 liters thus you are guaranteed of carrying most of your hiking accessories.
- They come in different amazing colors and have very strong durable zippers.
- The bag is a little bit expensive.
Buying Guide for the Best Hiking Backpack Under 100 Dollars.
In this review, we only feature the best hiking backpacks under 100 dollars from our extensive research and evaluation.
Apart from being very affordable, here are some of the other considerations we looked at;
There are cheap camping backpacks suitable for one to ten days of hiking in the market and it all depends on how long you want to be in the woods.
The best value hiking backpack is one that can handle two to four days hiking gear and food because you never know what can happen in the wilderness.
However, unless you are hiking for many days, a very big bag is heavy and uncomfortable to carry so you should stick to medium size.
Manufacturers try to keep top rated backpacks as lightweight as possible because no one wants a heavy bag so they incorporate different materials.
Unfortunately, quality can be compromised in a bid to reduce weight and this is why you must check for balance.
The best cheap hiking backpack should be made of durable fabric and reinforced with quality stitching and padding.
Hiking is tough and your backpack should make things easier.
The best backpack under 100 dollars should have enough storage compartments so you can organize your stuff neatly for easy access.
Every good cheap hiking backpack should have a main compartment for bladder or clothes, bottom and top pocket and of course side pockets for water and umbrella.
Other features you must look for in the best backpacking backpacks include rainfly to protect your gear from rain, hooks, whistle and chest and waist straps to lighten the load.
Since a hiking backpack carries a lot of stuff and you have to walk for a long period, it should be very comfortable to carry.
The best outdoor backpacks should be well padded everywhere especially the straps and also have shock absorbing chest and waist straps.
Buying the best hiking backpack under 100 dollars will get you well on your way to a great hiking trip in the mountains. However, it’s important for you to ensure that you are fit and healthy enough to go hiking because it is not a task for the faint-hearted.