From the first moment hoverboards hit the US market, celebs were all over this device like a hot cake. The amazing popularity of hoverboards all over the world and especially in Hollywood got people wondering how much do a hoverboard cost.
While hoverboards are a lot similar to scooters or skates, these new sports machines are more fun and easier to control and operate.
A hoverboard balances itself so the rider feels safe and stable and they are much faster than scooters not to mention they can cover more distance.
Benefits Associated with Hoverboards
- 0.1 Benefits Associated with Hoverboards
- 0.2 Factors Affecting The Cost Of A Hoverboard.
- 0.3 How Much Do A Hoverboard Cost ?
- 0.4 Where Can You Buy The Best Hoverboard On The Market?
- 1 Top 7 Best Hoverboard Reviews.
- 2 1. Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-Balancing Smart Scooter.
- 3 2. Skque X1 – UL2272 (MAX 264 lbs) Self Balancing Scooter / Hoverboard.
- 4 3. UL 2272 Certified – Electric Self-Balancing Hoverboard.
- 5 4. Segway miniPRO Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter.
- 6 5. Official Halo Rover Hoverboard – Safety Certified UL 2272 – Halo Bluetooth Speakers.
- 7 6. SagaPlay F1 Self Balancing Scooter Motorized 2 Wheel Self Hover Balance Board.
- 8 7. TOMOLOO Hoverboard Self Balancing Scooter.
- 9 Factors To Consider Before You Buy A Hoverboard.
- You can use a hoverboard to go anywhere you want to go faster and easier. Hoverboards are cheaper to use and even faster than cars or scooters especially if there is traffic.
- Using a hoverboard exercises your core and strengthens your abdominal muscles so you get great abs.
- Riding a hoverboard will definitely elevate your social status and make you very popular as they look fun and they are associated with wealth and celebrities.
- It is extremely fun to ride a hoverboard and anyone will enjoy it.
Factors Affecting The Cost Of A Hoverboard.
There are many types of hoverboards in the market, so the price of each is different depending on the make. If you want to know how much money is a hoverboard, you have to be specific on the type, features and quality.
Here are some of the factors that determine the price of hoverboards;
Hoverboards that are high quality last longer and are safer to use hence expensive. Unprecedented quality also means better performance, speed and longer battery life. The opposite is also true so the lower the quality, the lower the price.
A branded hoverboard is definitely going to be more expensive than those China-made models. Big brands make safe and high quality products as well as provide excellent service and warranties because you can find them locally.
- Extra Features
Over and above the basic features found in a hoverboard, some brands put extra features such as GPS, speakers, BLUETOOTH, and connectivity to make the hoverboard more enjoyable. The more features a hoverboard has, the more expensive it is likely to be.
How Much Do A Hoverboard Cost ?
The cost of a hoverboard can range from $200 to 1000 depending on the above factors. Let’s look at how this cost comes about;
- High-priced Hoverboards:
High-priced hoverboards cost $1000 or more because they are made of very high quality from big brands and they are user-serviced. If you buy these hoverboards, you are assured of safety, durability, customer service and great performance.
- Medium Priced Hoverboards:
Any hoverboard between $500 and 900 is medium priced and most people can afford them. This class of hoverboards is the best because they are affordable, safe and high quality hence very durable. Medium priced hoverboards also come with longer battery life, warranties and shorter shipping time.
- Low Priced Hoverboards:
If you don’t have a lot of money and you need a hoverboard, you can still get a nice one from $200 to $400. Most low priced hoverboards come from china and hence they take long to ship and also lack concrete warranties.
It is possible to get a good hoverboard within this price range but most of them are considered to be low quality and faulty.
Where Can You Buy The Best Hoverboard On The Market?
For those who are considering buying a hoverboard this season, your best bet will be to visit any manufacturer’s website and order directly.
The manufacturer will offer you the product at the best price and you will also get a genuine warranty and after service.
There are very few genuine online retailers that sell hoverboards since the news of them catching fire broke out but there are still some stores such Amazon that sells them at great prices.
It is risky to buy from any online store or unauthorized dealer because the market is flooded with knockoffs.
Hoverboards are very popular during summer and fall so you can buy one during winter to get the best price.
Top 7 Best Hoverboard Reviews.
1. Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-Balancing Smart Scooter.
The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 hover board is one of the best priced hover boards in the market. It is the smartest self-balancing electronic scooter and with it you are guaranteed of having a lot of fun whether you are a new rider or an expert.
- This hover board is intelligently engineered with EverBalance technology thus you are guaranteed of a self- balancing and smooth experience.
- This hover board is made from shatter-resistant polymer frame with fender bumper protection to guarantee safety and durability.
- It is very easy to mount on and there is no assembling required making it easier for you.
- With this hover board you can ride for 60 min on a single battery charge thus more fun for you.
- The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 comes with awesome features which include two LED light bars, an LED battery- life monitor and fender bumpers.
- This hover boards are UL 2272 listing for safety thus you are guaranteed that they will not burst into flames while in use.
- Beware about the charging system; some do not charge the second time after use.
2. Skque X1 – UL2272 (MAX 264 lbs) Self Balancing Scooter / Hoverboard.
This hover board is perfect for even bigger people as it has a weight capacity of 264 lbs.
- These hover boards have passed the UL safety regulations making them perfect for use by children from the age of 8 years.
- They have a well improved motherboard which has professionally tuned gyro sensors that offers you a very smooth ride.
- The Skque X1 Self Balancing Scooter has a stronger shell plus enhanced Chassis which guarantees you durability.
- This amazing hover board is safe to ride at night as they have bright build in LED lights and the boards come in many breath taking colors.
- They have a build in wireless Bluetooth speaker which allows you to link up your board with your cell phone.
- They are very easy to ride and the maximum speed is 12km/h.
- Some people claim they tend to break after a few months of use.
3. UL 2272 Certified – Electric Self-Balancing Hoverboard.
They are UL 2272 certified meaning that they are safe to be used in your homes and compound.
- It has a 250 watts dual motor which is very quiet and allows the board to ride in a maximum speed of 8mph.
- The hover board can support a maximum weight of 220lbs thus perfect for big people.
- This hover board is patented with Hoverzon Aegis Armor smart batteries management system which provides multi layered hover skate-board protection.
- They have awesome LED headlights which allow you to ride them at night and battery indicators which allow you know how much power you have.
- It has rubber bumpers and two riding modes that you can choose from thus letting you to be in control of the board.
- These boards have two gyroscopic motors which allow you to control them by shifting your body weight.
- No complaints
4. Segway miniPRO Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter.
- The board has an 800 watts dual motor which is engineered to overcome slopes and humps while providing you stability.
- It has automatic headlights and customized LED taillights making them convenient for you as you can ride them during the day or at night.
- They have a well-padded knee control bar and a top speed of 10mph and can travel to up to 14 miles with a single charge.
- The Segway miniPRO Smart hover board has adjustable height feature which allows you to maneuver the board comfortably despite your weight or size.
- With this hover boards you can download an app that will enable you lock it, modify safety features, adjust light colors and even remote command the hover board to move.
- There no complaints yet.
5. Official Halo Rover Hoverboard – Safety Certified UL 2272 – Halo Bluetooth Speakers.
This hover board is perfectly designed to be used in all terrains thus you are not limited on where you can ride them.
- These hovers boards are designed with exclusive Halo technology sensors which enable the rider to have the smoothest ride possible.
- They are made from high grade aluminum guards and water resistant material thus you are guaranteed of maximum stability and durability.
- The Official Halo Rover Hoverboard has 8.5 inch tires that are very convenient as they can travel on all terrains with no difficulty.
- This amazing hover boards come with LED headlights and a beautifully heavy duty carry case that has shoulder straps.
- They have a Halo Rover Mobile App that can help you monitor the speed power and distance travelled. This is convenient for parents as they have to keep track of their teenagers.
- You have to be careful on the terrains as when used in sand the wheels tend not to move.
6. SagaPlay F1 Self Balancing Scooter Motorized 2 Wheel Self Hover Balance Board.
- This boards are very lightweight thus easy to move them around and are aerodynamically designed allowing you to experience a good moment when riding.
- They have cool 6.5 inch alloy wheels and slick performance tires that allow you have the best adventure and move easily on all terrains.
- They have 250 dual motors which are very silent and they help climb slopes with ease.
- The SagaPlay F1 Self Balancing Scooter is made from high quality material which is water resistant making it suitable for outdoor activities.
- They come with a LED battery indicator that allows you keep track of how much power you have left and they can accommodate big people of up to 220 lbs.
- There are no complaints yet.
7. TOMOLOO Hoverboard Self Balancing Scooter.
This hover board scooter is the true definition of fun and excitement for you and your family.
- They are UL2272 certified and CPDC approved that means that they have gone through a lot of test and you are guaranteed of their quality and safety.
- It has the ability to run at a speed of 8mph with a mileage of up to 12 miles allowing you have maximum fun for long.
- They come with 8 RGB lights that are in front of the tires and the other 4 lights on each side. With this hover board you can adjust the lights color and effects by yourself.
- It has a Bluetooth connection that allows you to link your board with your mobile phone.
- They have an app that allows you to set the speed, steering sensitivity and driving force.
- It is very expensive.
You may also like: Best First Scooter For Toddlers.
Factors To Consider Before You Buy A Hoverboard.
Truth be told, a hoverboard is the coolest gift you can buy anyone right now. If you have a certain model you like you should ask yourself, how much does the hoverboard cost, so you can start planning. Knowing how much are hoverboards will help you determine which brand, type and features you will get.
Besides hoverboard cost, here are some other factors you should consider;
Hoverboards can go up to 10 miles per hour which is very fast so you will get a more thrilling experience and reach your destination faster. The best balancing scooter hoverboard should be fast but safe so that you don’t trip and injure yourself.
What most people don’t know is that hoverboards have both a minimum and maximum weight limitation. Your weight should not exceed its weight limit and you should also not be too light since the device may not detect you. Be sure to check if your weight lies between the minimum and maximum limit.
How much do a hoverboard cost ? Over the years, several hoverboards have exploded into flames risking the user’s lives. Before hoverboard price, Safety should be the most important factor to look for when buying a hoverboard electric scooter.
Though expensive and high quality hoverboards are deemed to be safe, the only way you can tell its 100 percent safe is to check the UL 2272 certification.
You can get any features you want if you are one of those people who will never ask themselves, how much does a real hoverboard cost? Depending on how much is a hoverboard, you can get features from GPS, Bluetooth, safety handle, remote control and even lights so you can ride at night.
The more features you have in your hoverboard, the more you will enjoy the ride because you can listen to music, charge your phone and control the hoverboard easily.
If how much do a hoverboard cost is the question on your mind, I believe we have given you an insight on different brands and hoverboard prices.
The cost of a hoverboard is dependent on many factors so it’s up to you to decide how much money you want to spend.